Thursday, March 02, 2006

You know a hacker

Well, if you read this blog, and you know me, apparently you know a hacker, or that's what my ISP told me today. 

Long story short, I was trying to help someone out with their web site, couldn't log in, got flagged by my ISP for attempted hacking, spent almost 2 hours on hold, had my internet shut off for 2 days, and finally got it turned back on today after a very terse voicemail was left for their technical support team.

The things that make me upset were:

     1.) They didn't notify me they were shutting down my modem. No call. No email. Nothing.
     2.) I had a heck of a hard time trying to get through to anyone for help.
     3.) Why would I hack into my ISP's connection on my HOME connection that happens to be run by my ISP (that's Internet Service Provider, by the way :) )? That doesn't make any logical sense at all.

I was pretty steemed today, but I got over it, and now my connection is back on. I just wish that companies who claim to have only their customer's best interests in mind would actually act like they do.

That's my rant for the night.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden