Sunday, February 05, 2006

Congratulations, Champs

I just want to say a big congratulations to the Pittsburgh Steelers for winning a tough game tonight to become the 2005 Super Bowl Champions! It still seems surreal to me. The game seemed to go by so quickly. I was so worried at the beginning of the game. Pittsburgh really wasn't looking good at all. They didn't start to shape up until sometime in the 2nd quarter, and even then it was still a little shakey. Roethlisberger definitely had an off game, but that's why it's a team sport, and everyone really was there to support him, and then made it one heck of a game, if not just a tad bit ugly. That pass by Randle El to Ward was amazing, right on the money. It was great. I was telling everyone tonight that I really haven't had my "own" team in the game since the Bills made it back in the 90's, and we all know how that went. It was great to watch the Steelers all season long and watch them overcome all the adversity and all the pressure to pull out a win in one of the biggest games in all of sports. It's especially great to see Jerome Bettis, who seems like an all around good guy, go out on top.

I had a great time with Josh, Katie, Darrin, Krista, and Danielle and my folks tonight too. It's always great to be around good friends, with good food, and a great game.

Life is good. Now if I could just get Google to work better for a search I'm working on, I'd be all set.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden