Sunday, January 15, 2006

Alito and Abortion

Last week or maybe it was the week before, I was reading an article about the Alito confirmation hearings on NewsMax. I can't find the article now, but the Democratic senator made a comment to the effect of, "since abortion has been around for so long, we can't just go overturning it now."

May I just say that I'm glad that this person was not in charge when slavery and other issues in this country have needed to be overturned. What if the people who were instrumental in those cases just said that since that was the way it had been for so long that they couldn't just go changing things? Can you imagine what our country what would be like? I sure wouldn't want to.

I think abortion is a blight a VERY big blight on this country's history. How you can get away without calling it anything but murder is beyond me and it really flies in the face of rational thought. Especially partial birth abortion. How come the baby is a baby as soon as it's delivered, but up until then it's pretty much all out on war on the unborn fetus? Please explain that one to me.

Yes, the child is in your body, which is your body, but the child is not a part of your body. The child is its own living being. It has a heart, it has a mind, it has a soul, it has a spirit. Please explain to me why it's OK to just dispose of them like an annoying piece of garbage. Someone, please do that.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden