Monday, December 26, 2005

It was a Merry Christmas

Just thought I'd give a little update on our Christmas weekend this year.

After work on Thursday, we packed up and headed over to Danielle's parents' to spend a couple days with them. We mostly just hung out, played video games, watched movies and ate and ate. On Saturday (Christmas Eve), we opened gifts with Danielle's family, and then we went to her Grandparents' to celebrate Christmas with her mom's side of the family. We had a great dinner there and also had a funny (and confusing) gift exchange.

After the gift exchange, we headed back home to participate in the CNC Christmas Eve service. The service was great, and afterwards we headed to my parents' for our traditional Christmas Eve pizza dinner. After dinner we read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (or something to that effect). If you've never read this book, I suggest you give it a read. It's pretty short, but it will keep you laughing the whole way through, and it will remind you of the true meaning of Christmas in the end.

Once things were done at my parents', we headed to our house (actually my Grandparents' house) and opened our gifts from each other. Danielle got me lots of great nerd books (The Search by John Batelle and two collections of Get Fuzzy comics). She also got me a couple of Google shirts that were great. We also got Scene It Squabble and Trivial Pursuit Pop Culture 2. She also got me a really cool 1 GB USB flash drive. It was pretty much a nerd Christmas all around.

Sunday morning we got up early and opened gifts with my parents. I think they really liked the engraved door knocker we got for them this year. We figured after two years of getting throws, we should try something different.

At 10 we went to the church to practice for the morning service. We had a short service, then went to eat lunch with my parents. After lunch, we came back to Danielle's parents' and had a great dinner with her Dad's side of the family.
Today we're going to go watch King Kong so we can see for ourselves whether or not it's terrible.

I'm most grateful this year for having my family around me. All the Christmas presents in the world could never compare to that fact. God has been very good to our family this year, and He continues to see us through some hard times we're all facing. I'm grateful for His presence in our lives and for the different directions I know He will take us this upcoming year.

I hope that all of your upcoming years are truly blessed by Him, and if you don't know him this Christmas, what better time to start?

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden