Monday, June 06, 2005

Apple's Switch

For those of you who aren't in the technology know, Apple announced today that they are going to be switching to Intel (ewwwww) chips over the next couple of years. I'm not sure what to make of all of this news yet. I'm not wild about the fact that my future Mac will have "the same" chip as Danielle's Dell. I've always liked the fact that Macs are different. Granted, they will still be different (aka better) than anything else you can use, but there is something just creepy to me about switching to Intel. Why did Apple switch from the PowerPC chip (which by they way will be used in the XBOX 360, PS3, and Nintendo Revolution)? Maybe they know something that the rest of us don't. I hope that they do.

Either way, it will be interesting to work in the business during this transition to see its side effects. Just one more issue to handle, I suppose.

For those of you that know me well, you know that I'm a Mac guy through and through. I'm not about to start a war over Mac vs. Windows, but I love my Macs. I'll use a Windows machine when I need to, but the Mac is so easy to use, so secure (no popups, viruses, etc.), and all around awesome, that I'd rather do it as little as possible).

Well that was a pretty techie post today. I guess a thunderstorm is about to roll in, so that's all for now.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden