Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Busy Weekend

This last weekend was quite a busy one, but I'm sure that it will be nothing compared to these next two coming up.

Friday night was spent hanging out with my cousin Cody and doing some DD'ing for friends of ours, which wasn't too bad since we made some cash from the deal. So that made for a pretty late evening, but it was worth it. We pretty much vegged out and watched tv and played video games - you know, guy stuff.

Saturday was a busy day. I was awoken by a knock on the door at around 9 in the morning, and there was a little old lady standing at the door with a Bible. Thinking she was from a local church, I figured I would at least humor her for a while. She even quoted some good verses, and I was like, "This is a cool idea." Turn out the lady was a Jehovah's witness. I have nothing against Jehovah's witnesses - two of my very good friends belong to them. I just don't exactly agree with everythingn they believe. I'd like to know more of what they believe actually. So if anyone knows, please fill me in. But I digress, after being woken up, my dad called for me to help with the assemby of his new grill.

I first had to clean the apartment up. I'm trying to be like Danielle and keep things neat and tidy all the time. I'm not very good at it, but I'm getting better. So I finished cleaning and went up to the house. The grill wasn't too hard to get all together - it came 95% preassembled. It's amazing. It has something like 600+ square inches of cooking space. It seems to be well-designed and just looks cool.

So we finished that little project, and then I helped mow the lawn. After those little tasks were done, I went back to the apartment to wait for Danielle. When she got there we unloaded what will be on the last Explorer-fulls of her stuff into the apartment. Then we went to one of our favorite dining spots - the University Club. I highly recommend it to anyone in the Mansfield area. Get the Pitcher - it's delicious.

We hung out for a while, and then went to Cody's graduation, which was a lot of fun, except for the people who were behind us that were really rude and wouldn't shut up the whole time. But we had a good time.

Yesterday we mowed the wedding location in the morning. That took us about a good hours plus by the time it was all done. In the afternoon we went to a family party for Cody at his house. Then we saw the Stepford Wives last night, which wasn't too bad. It's different, and it's a strange concept, but it wasn't nearly as bad as what some of the critics are saying.

Well there is a wrapup of the weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment



This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Copyright 2005 Jared Barden